Keep Newton Beautiful
SAVE THE DATES FOR UPCOMING EVENTS:
Newton County's District Commissioners, the Newton County Bicentennial Committee, and Keep Newton Beautiful are hosting a series of Service Days in our community. The Service Days will feature roadside litter cleanup events in each Commission District. Participants will pick up free t-shirts and cleanup supplies at staging locations and then go out to targeted areas to pick up litter.
District 4 Cleanup--Saturday, September 18
District 5 Cleanup--Saturday, October 16
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-784-2015.
Rivers Alive!--Saturday, September 25
FREE Paper Shred Event--Monday, November 15
As an affiliate of Keep Georgia Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful, Keep Newton Beautiful
(KNB) provides environmental education in our community.
KNB participates in the community in the following ways:
- KNB works on projects focusing on litter prevention, beautification, recycling, and water pollution prevention.
- KNB staff and volunteers visit schools with puppet shows and other educational programs, speak at club and organizational meetings, and participate in festivals and expos.
- KNB also sponsors cleanups and recycling events throughout the year.
- KNB relies on government and grant funding, private contributions, and volunteer participation.
To challenge, motivate, and inspire everyone to take responsibility for a clean and beautiful community
The Newton County Board of Commissioners has recently hired workers to pick up litter along roadsides in our community.
See video: https://youtu.be/yezSl_Hl6bk
If you would like to help by cleaning up roadside litter in your area, please contact us at email@example.com or 770-784-2015 to request trashbags, gloves, and vests.
If your family, neighborhood, church, scout, club, fraternity/sorority, school group, etc. would like to Adopt a Mile, please contact us.
Please help us spread the word about the importance of keeping our community clean!
- Remind your family and friends to always dispose of trash properly.
- Bag your trash securely so that it doesn't blow in the wind.
- Cover loads in the back of your pickup truck with a tarp.
- Report litter and illegal dumping.
- Keep your home and work place free of litter.
Report Littering & Illegal Dumping
Call 911 if you witness anyone littering or dumping. Many residents are hesitant to call 911, but doing so allows your complaint to be registered in the system and is the recommended and proper way to report.
Send a Message
You can Send a Message to KNB if you have any questions or concerns.