Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Newton County Water and Sewerage Authority will be inspecting and servicing approximately 6,000 fire hydrants in unincorporated Newton County beginning May 15.
The effort, which will continue through the summer, will:
· Ensure that every fire hydrant is operable
· Improve our “award winning” water quality through robust flushing
· Improve access and visibility for Fire Services
· Clean and paint every hydrant
· Maintain or improve the community’s Insurance Office Rating
· Assist homeowners on their insurance premiums
The contractor is DMD Consultants and will work westward form the Yellow River toward the more densely populated areas to Salem Road.