Newton County Government participates in the federal work authorization program to verify employment eligibility of all newly hired employees (E-Verify).
User Identification Number: 106134
Date of Authorization: March 6, 2008
1113 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
Map and Directions
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Questions? Please visit applicant FAQ
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:DOE/DOQ
- Posted Date:06/07/2018 11:23 AM
Please provide a satisfactory 3 year motor vehicle report (MVR) when submitting the application package. Non-certified copies of the MVR will not be accepted.
Performs responsible administrative work in the development and delivery of instructional programs for paid and volunteer fire personnel; supervises the training facility and assists the Fire Chief in departmental administration. Work is primarily performed in an office type environment with travel to all fire stations and off-site training facilities as required. May be required to perform field work as command or safety officer in emergencies. This position is responsible for the management and daily operations of the Training Division.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
All candidates to fill a vacant position in this classification must submit to and pass a drug-screening test after meeting the following minimum requirements:
Education and Experience:
All candidates to fill a vacant position in this classification must meet the following minimum requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented by course work in firefighting and fire prevention techniques; and
• Six (6) years of firefighting experience and training methods;
• Three (3) years’ experience as a Fire Instructor;
• Two (2) years of experience supervising at least 2 or more personnel;
• Or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certification by State of Georgia as a Firefighter;
• NPQ Firefighter II;
• Georgia certified (GFA) Live Fire Instructor;
• NPQ Fire Instructor II;
• NPQ Evaluator certification;
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License, Class F, with acceptable driving record for the last three years, for the type of vehicle operated.
Please do not send resumes in lieu of a completed application. A Newton County Employment Application MUST BE RECEIVED at 1113 Usher Street, Room 203, Covington, GA 30014 for consideration. Applications are available in our office, via the link below or by applying online. We will contact by phone or mail only those applicants whose qualifications meet our minimum requirements and are selected to move forward in the process. We comply with the Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. EOE