10026901_07

Located in the rolling hills of southern Newton County, the County-owned Gaither Plantation is a historic and
scenic asset.

This 256-acre site is one of the few remaining examples of mid-19th to late-20th century farms and cotton plantations in Northeast Georgia. 

On the farm are the Gaither Plantation House (c.1855), a log smokehouse c.1830), a pole hay barn c. 1950), agricultural fields, and a number of other historic buildings relocated from elsewhere in Newton County to Gaither Plantation. In
addition, two 19th century cemeteries, the Gaither Family Cemetery and the Gaither Slave Cemetery, are located here.

 

Rental Information

Under construction.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site