Register to Vote
Georgia citizens have several convenient methods of registering to vote:
- Download and complete a Voter Registration Application (PDF).
- If you have a valid driver's license or identification card issued by the Georgia Department of Driver Services, you may use the State of Georgia's Online Voter Registration System.
- “Motor Voter” registration is available when you renew or apply for a Georgia driver’s license through the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
- Voter registration applications are available at the county elections office, public libraries, city halls, public assistance offices, and recruitment offices.
The completed application may be mailed to:
Newton County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 1274
Covington, GA 30015
- To register to vote in the state of Georgia, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- A legal resident of Georgia and the county in which you wish to vote
- You may not register to vote if you are currently:
- Judicially determined to be mentally incompetent
- Serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
Mail-in Voter Registration Application
All Mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked prior to the state voter registration deadline election date to be processed for a voter to be able to vote in the upcoming election day. ( see current election calendar for the voter registration deadline)
Anyone registering to vote for the first time in Georgia by mail must include proper identification with the application. Please enclose a copy of one of the following with your application:
- A copy of a current and valid photo ID
- A copy of a current bank statement
- A copy of a current government check or paycheck
- A copy of a current utility bill
- Or other government document that shows your name and address
Voter Registration Card
Once an application is processed and accepted, a voter registration card will be sent to you. This card will provide you with your voting information. You can also visit the My Voter Page to verify the status of your voter registration and print your voter card.
Every time you move, or have a name change, it is your responsibility to update your registration information at least 30 days prior to any coming election to be eligible to vote your current district. ( No updates provided by the voter will have the voter still registered under their old address information)