Newton County is currently updating its Comprehensive Plan to run from 2023-2028 and we need your help.
The Comprehensive Plan serves as a planning and decision-making tool and guide for local government officials, property owners, and community leaders on the outcomes desired to come to fruition at the end of the 20-year visioning horizon for Newton County. Based on input from the public and local stakeholders, the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee, and the Newton County Board of Commissioners, the plan identifies needs and opportunities, goals and policies, land use practices, and an implementation framework for the key elements of the Comprehensive Plan.
The planning process begins with a series of district community meetings as follows:
- District 1 – Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 5:30 p.m. in the Eastridge Church of Covington, 14200 Hwy. 36 Covington Ga 30016.
- District 2- Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in Zion Baptist Church, 7037 Hwy. 212, Covington, Ga 30016
- District 3 – Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 5:30 p.m. in the Almon Community Center, 65 Mt. Tabor Road, Covington, Ga 30014.
- District 4 - Monday, Nov. 14 at 5:30 p.m. in the Nelson Heights Community Center, 7200 Lassiter St SW, Covington, Ga 30014
- District 5 – Thursday, Nov. 10 at 5:30 p.m. in the Newton County Water Resources building, AKA Cornish Creek Reservoir/Lake Varner, 11905 Alcovy Road, Covington Ga 30014
Residents can attend any of these meetings/charrettes, regardless of which district they live in, and anyone can attend multiple meetings.
Residents are also asked to complete a survey, which can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VS97XRF